Friday, October 15, 2021

Christmas Center Flap Fun Fold

 




I love this cheerful card!  The Fun Fold is called the Center Flap Fold.  The striped DSP is from the Gingerbread and Peppermint DSP and I stamped my own DSP - the piece with the plaid trees!  I tend to forget that I can do that!

Here are the measurements for this Fun Fold Card:

Granny Apple Green Cardstock    

    Cut 1 piece at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"

    Cut 1 piece at 3 x 5 1/2"

    Cut 1 piece at 1 x 4 3/4" - this is the flap 

    Scalloped circle bigger than 1 3/4"

Basic White Cardstock

    Cut 1 piece at 2 3/4 x 4" for the card insides

    1 3/4" circle

DSP

    1 piece at 4 x 5 1/4"

    1 piece at 2 3/4 x 5 1/4" or same size in basic white cardstock to stamp your own DSP

To make my own DSP, I used the Perfectly Plaid Stamp Set and stamped the plaid tree in Granny Apple Green, the pinecones in Crumb Cake and then I felt it needed a bit of red.  I chose to use the tiny Santa's Hat stamp from the Banner Year stamp set.  

To put the card together, put the center flap across the center front of the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" Granny Apple Green Cardstock.  Move it so hangs over the edge of the card by 3/4", bend that section around the card and then glue it to the left, center edge of the card.  

Adhere your DSP onto all pieces that are just slightly bigger than they are.  This covers a good portion of the flap strip and helps make it steady.  Cut the end of the strip into a banner.  Add the 2nd piece of cardstock with DSP to the center of the card and glue TO THE FLAP only!  You don't want to glue the card shut!

The sentiment inside the card and Merry Christmas were stamped in Real Red.   I also stamped the holly leaves from the Banner Year set in Granny Apple Green Ink.  I added Red Rhinestones for the holly berries.  Overall I really liked the way this card turned out!

1 comment: