Thursday, October 7, 2021

This Little Piggy Brought Treats!


 I recently enjoyed a day with my grandchildren.  During this day we played the game “This little piggy . . .”  It was fun and I started having them fill in the blank, this little piggy __________”.  Answers ranged from eating Raspberries to went to a football game.  Well this little piggy brings treats!

My extremely talented friend, Marilyn Roll, showed me how to make these when I visited North Dakota recently.  Hers was Halloween themed, I made mine with the Harry Potter-ish pig from the Joyful Life stamp set!

You start with the Acetate Card Boxes (item # 144628).  Cut these in half to get 2 boxes.  Using a piece of cardstock measuring 4 3/8 x 5 1/2”, score at 2 7/8 & 3 1/2”.

I used Basic Black Cardstock (Item # 121045) for mine.  I added a piece of black & white cardstock from the Patterned Party DSP (Item # 155426), it measured: 4 1/8 x 1 3/4”. (The Pattern Party DSP is a huge pack of paper, brightly colored on one side and black and white on the other.  It has 48 12x12" sheets and is $18 with a $150 order - it's a host benefit!)

The piggy from Joyful Life Stamp Set (Item #156529)was stamped in Jet Black Stazon (Item #101406) on Basic White Cardstock (Item #159276) and cut out with a layering oval die (retired).  I colored with Stampin' Write Markers, pig was colored in Petal Pink with Calypso Coral ears.  His cheeks were colored with a Calypso Coral watercolor pencil.  The sentiment was stamped in Calypso Coral Ink Pad (Item #147101)on a scrap strip of basic white and mounted on a slightly larger strip of basic black.

The closure is a Velcro dot, I found these in the craft department at my local Wal-mart.  A regular sized Kit Kat fits wonderfully. Wouldn’t this be a fun gift for your friends (or grandkids)?

Brights Stampin' Write Markers (Item #147157)

Pastels Stampin' Write Markers (Item #147156)

Watercolor Pencils (Item #141709)

No comments:

Post a Comment