Saturday, August 20, 2022

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

 


The song, “I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” always makes me grin.  It’s funny.  So when I saw the Hippest Hippos stamps and dies in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, I was thrilled!  

I designed this card for a Flowerbug Team swap. 1st layer is Gorgeous Grape: 2nd layer is Highland Heather

I sponged Gorgeous Grape and Pacific Point with blending brushes on Basic White cardstock and added a snowflake embellishment.   

I used the Snowman dies to cut the snowflake border out of white glimmer and ripped a strip of white glimmer for my snowy ground.  I added some rhinestones to some snowflake centers because you can never have too many rhinestones!  

My hippo was stamped on cardstock and colored with blends markers.  As a final touch, I printed the beginning of the song on my printer for my sentiment.

Please choose me as your demonstrator!  If you need help ordering,, let me know.  Otherwise use the link to my store above..

Song lyrics by John Rox below

I want a hippopotamus for ChristmasOnly a hippopotamus will doI don't want a doll, no dinky TinkertoyI want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy
I want a hippopotamus for ChristmasI don't think Santa Claus will mind, do you?He won't have to use our dirty chimney flueJust bring him through the front doorThat's the easy thing to do
I can see me now on Christmas morningCreeping down the stairsOh, what joy and what surpriseWhen I open up my eyesTo see my hippo hero standing there
I want a hippopotamus for ChristmasOnly a hippopotamus will doNo crocodiles, or rhinocerosesesI only like hippopotamusesesAnd hippopotamuses like me too
I want a hippopotamus for ChristmasA hippopotamus is all I wantMom says the hippo would eat me upBut then teacher says a hippo is a vegetarian
I want a hippopotamus for ChristmasThe kind I saw this summer at the zooThere's lots of room for him in our two car garageI'd feed him there and wash him thereAnd give him his massage
I can see me now on Christmas morningCreeping down the stairsOh, what joy and what surpriseWhen I open up my eyesTo see my hippo hero standing there
I want a hippopotamus for ChristmasOnly a hippopotamus will doNo crocodiles, or rhinocerosesesI only like hippopotamusesAnd hippopotamuses like me too

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment