Tuesday, August 10, 2021

 Nuts About You


This was one of my top stamp set picks from the July to December mini catalog.  I thought the squirrels were fun and mischievous looking.  

My card base was cut from Evening Evergreen cardstock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" and scored on the 8 1/2" side at 4 1/4".  Fold the card in half and using a bone folder, smooth the fold down.

My 2nd layer is Soft Succulent and I added the stitched leaf pattern with the Stitched Greenery die.  I cut random circles out using the Layering Circles dies.  I added Evening Evergreen circles and made circular frames using the layering circle dies.  My tree bark is crumb cake cardstock that I dry embossed with the Bark 3D embossing folder.  I then sponged on some Soft Suede and Early Espresso ink.  

I stamped the Nuts About you in Evening Evergreen.  The squirrel was stamped with Black Stazon.  I used 2 step stamping to add the Cinnamon Cider color to the squirrel and then colored his underside with Light So Saffron blends marker.  Ears were colored with light Flirty Flamingo Blends.  The acorn was colored with the Bronze and crumb cake markers.

Green rhinestones added the finish.  I love circle shapes on cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment