Saturday, August 7, 2021

Friends Are Like Seashells

Friends are Like Seashells
You collect them along the way!

 Another challenge inspired this card!  This one was to make a slimline card.  A friend suggested that we make a slimline card design for each set we own.  I really like that idea!  

My card uses a Sahara Sand base cut at 7 x 8 1/2” and scored on the 7” side at 3 1/2 to form the card.  I used a 2” by 8” piece of Basic White paper and left the bottom edge white and then sponged in Pool Party.  Above that I sponged in Bermuda Bay.  I stamped my sentiment in Night of Navy.  The “sand” is a 1 1/2” x 8” strip of Sahara sand with the top edge torn roughly to look like sand.  I used the stamp with the dots to stamp early espresso texture in the sand.  

After gluing my sand to my ocean piece, I measured that piece and added 1/4” to the measurements and cut a Bermuda Bay mat.

Seashells were stamped on the Pearlescent specialty paper and I used Navy, Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, and Early Espresso for the Sand Dollar.  I cut them out with the die and added texture using the matching embossing folder!  My shells stamped inside the card were the same colors!

A few rhinestones to add sparkle to the water finished this card!  


Main supplies are listed below!


No comments:

Post a Comment