Thursday, July 8, 2021

Turtley Awesome Birthday Card

Turtley Awesome Birthday Card


I made this card to participate in a swap using a template designed by my friend, LeeAnn Greff.  See her website at Flowerbugs Inkspot Blog Here is the template!  Templates are great because they give you the basic design and you add your personal touch to it!



To make this card, use Granny Apple Green cardstock cut 5 1/2 x 11" and scored at 4 1/4".  Fold the card in half.

Use 2 pieces of Bermuda Bay, the first is cut at 5 1/4 x 2 1/4" and the second is 3 1/4 x 4 1/4".  I layered the fun colored striped paper on top of the first piece, cut it at 5 x 2".  The second piece is layered with a 3 x 4" piece of pool party.  I used stamps from the set to stamp the turtle and bird onto the pool party cardstock.  I stamped with pool party ink.

The white strip is just a scrap.  The sentiment is Misty Moonlight ink and the birds are stamped with Pool party.  For the turtle, I stamped him on a scrap of white in Memento Black in.  I colored the turtle in with the light Old Olive blend, his toes are colored with Daffodil Delight blends.  He was punched out with the matching punch.  I used Memento Black to stamp on the Designer Series Paper (DSP) and fussy cut the shell out with scissors. 

This is the inside of the card stamped in  Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo and Pale Papaya inks

This card almost makes me want to be late for an upcoming birthday so that I have an excuse to use it!

Supplies used are listed below and can be ordered on my Stampin' Up! site at: Candace's Stampin' Store







 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment